Whiskey Grilled Steak with Veggies make a perfect dish for a summer afternoon or evening. No need to eat out this Father’s Day, heat up the grill and enjoy!
Whiskey Grilled Steak with Veggies
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 4 (8 oz.) boneless New York Strip Steaks
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4. tsp. garlic powder
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together whiskey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour marinade in a resealable plastic bag and add steaks. Turn to coat. Marinate for 4 hours, up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Drain marinade and discard. Place steak on greased grate and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until desired doneness.
- Transfer grilled steaks to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- In the meantime, season onions and zucchini with salt, garlic powder and remaining pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Grill vegetables for 6 to 7 minutes, until tender and lightly charred. Remove from grill and serve with steaks.